Friday, July 01, 2005

My Heroic Battle Against Jet-Lag

So, one of the quirks of the Londonist style sheet is that we have to Capitalize Every Word Even A And The In The Titles Of Posts. (Actually, that should read "Capitalise"; American spellings have been causing me much strife over there.) With the exeption of l'affaire Ferneyhough, which I have stopped reading entirely, and which was the absolute last thing I ever wanted to get mixed up in online, and which (I swear to god!) was not enitrely my fault (the damn post wasn't finished!)... other than that it's going really well. I may have discarded all of my credibility with the biography I just posted on the contributors page but... fuck it.

So jet-lag has been a big, big problem. I woke up at about 9:30 Monday, which seemed okay. But then I woke up at 11 on Tuesday, and 1:30 in the afternoon Wednesday. Why am I moving in the wrong direction? I've been trying to get into bed earlier than normal, but it seems to have no effect. This means I've gotten surprisingly little done all week. Even this morning I woke up with my alarm at about 8:30, and promptly fell back asleep. I then had a dream where I was back at the academic summer camp that I attended when I was a young teenager. Oddly though, a lot of monks and protestant clergy were also students. I was beginning the musicology course. But during student orientation and meeting the teacher and everything, I just couldn't keep my eyes open. In the middle of conversation I would have that feeling where you were just being drawn into sleep and physically unable to keep your eyes open.

BUT at some point I realized that the feeling of needing to fall asleep was actually me trying to wake myself up, and when I finally did fall unconscious in the priests' musicology class, I found myself awake in my bed. I don't recall ever having a dream experience like this. (At least I wasn't, I dunno, being pursued by killer musicology priests, as I would have been a few weeks ago.)

My laptop battery refuses to charge. I have taken it out and put it back in several times. Whatever shall I do?

I have a wart(?!) on my nose(?!). How did this happen?

Basically: it's been a long week. Tomorrow: London Gay Pride festivities. My housemate is dancing on the mainstage. Whoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home