Friday, December 31, 2004

Christmas Eve: A Photo-Essay in 9 Parts

So, below there are nine pictures taken on Christmas Eve. (Yes, I do have broadband in my house, finally!) The idea of holding the camera at arm's length and pointing it at my face came from Evan, who does it when he visits a place to prove he was there. I mean, it's not like he came up with the idea, but doing it in lieu of traditional tourists photos seemed like a good idea -- after all, if it's a famous sight someone else has already taken a better picture of it than you can, so why not preserve the important thing, that is, the fact that you were there.

Anyway, I left the house around 1 pm, and ended up taking a taxi home about 4:30. It was a good night. The streets, and espcially the walkway along the Thames, was absolutely deserted in the middle of the night. I took more pictures, both of myself and others, but these are probably the best ones. In fact, around 3 I started taking really loopy pictures of random things that I thought were interesting at the time, but in fact are just random.

Anyway, enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home