Thursday, July 07, 2005

Loud Noises

Okay, so yesterday morning (that is, Wednesday) I was running along my usual route, and was told to turn around by a policeman blocking the path "because there is a bomb around the corner." In fact, I think it was just an explosion as part of the construction that's going on in the park. But the police were there. And, when I was about 50 feet away, there was an explosion. Not a huge explosion, but an explosion. I was sprinkled wikth little bits of dirt from the sky.

Later in the afternoon, the news that London won the 2012 Olympics was announced, and the "Red Arrows" of the Royal Air Force flew over my house in V-formation. Seriously, if New York had won, would the Blue Angels be zipping over Queens? (Also, let's not forget that San Francisco was in the running to be the US candidate, long ago. What might have been...)

UPDATE: Jesus fucking Christ. This does not seem to be a "power surge" as originally announced. I'm fine everyone, don't worry. (There was never any chance of my being out of the house before 10 am anyway.) Incidentally, londonist.com is one of the best places to get information about what's going on, since the news websites are so clogged with traffic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home