Sunday, November 28, 2004

A significantly better day!

So I wanted to write in more detail about the one really horrible potential flat-mate from Friday, with the pot drying in the very room he was trying to rent out, the casual racism, the prevarications about speed use, and the "all opera is trivial" pronouncements. Oh and did I mention he is a professional violinist? (Never forget, musicologists: performers are the enemy.)

But, I will not recount these things, because Saturday was much much better! I saw a house that I could actually imagine myself living in, and which I could afford. Mircale! Even I don't get the place, it is a huge weight removed to know that it exists. I got in touch with Ali's London friend, who has a lead on some cheap loft space. I had a lovely few hours with E--- from Oxford, then drinks with H---. (I've decided I like the pseudonym thing, which I had originally intended to avoid, although I will resist the strong temptation to give people titles for even more 19th-century flavor - "drinks with La Princesse de H---" etc. ) I tried to get tickets to the opera, but it was sold out. (People care deeply about Juan Diego Flores; who knew?)

Also got a birthday phone call from J, which left me glowing.

Today, two more flats, then drinks and what-not with the intriguing T---...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home