Tuesday, March 15, 2005

God things, bad things

I have approximately 30 hours to go before I give my colloquium at Cambridge, and the talk is not, exactly, "ready." So this will be brief. Sunday was lovely. The housemates all had roast meat, roast vegetables, and Yorkshire pudding all swimming in gravy in big bowls. Then we watched the rugby (and they always say "the rugby") in an Australian-themed chain bar. The crowd got rowdy; Wales did very well.

Then a quick errand in Camden, and I was about to go home to work on the talk. But I thought I'd call the housemates and see if they were still out. Of course they were, and four bars later I stumbled home. Actually, I got to sleep early, well before midnight.

There is some good news: the Turkish tailor came through for me in spades, completing a quite elaborate crotch patch. And my anti-corporate sneakers came in the mail. They have a situationist maxim stitched into the insole.

2 Comments:

Blogger Van Twee said...

Hooray angry rebel hippie shoes! 100% hemp, you say?? I may have to order me a pair when the Docs wear out.

Hey look, I updated my own blog--do you want me to link to your blog from my blog? It would be like an act of fruitless, wearying mutual masturbation committed across an entire ocean! How rad would that be!

More spit, please, I'm starting to chafe.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Grrg said...

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that, while MOST blogs are mere excercises in self-pleasuring, MY blog's existence is justified as a way inform people on a different continent how I'm doing, without actually going to the effort of calling or writing to them. See?

But okay, okay, I linked to you. It better be good!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home