Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Edinburgh is okay / My computer broke again

So, I'm managed to calm down quite a bit since leaving for Scotland. It's actually quite lovely, though it seems very, very small to me. And no in an "I'm so acclimated to the big city" kind of way. It really is small.

How is it that I have lived almost 28 years, and yet have not until now experienced a real youth hostel? It's not so bad -- certainly not as rowdy and filthy as I imagined it might be -- and for £12 a night I can't complain.

The performances so far have been worthwhile, if flawed. In the case of the Klinghoffer, so deeply flawed as to be almost irredemable, but that just gives me more to write about... It is too bad, though, that the production that actually brings out (rather than ignores or actively tries to surpress) all the elements and contradictions of the work remains, as far as I know, unrealized.

I had a failure of self-restraint at the vintage store. When I post about the shoes (which, yes, I will) I will also include my beautiful, beautiful new vintage swim tunks. No, I will never them. Yes, just owning them makes my life more glamorous.

In other news, my goddamn computer is borken. Same problem as before. Of course, it breaks as soon as I arrive in Edinburgh, leaving me computer-less while writing these reviews. Dammit dammit fuck fuck fuck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

the swim trunks are divine, and the shirt he bought is also quite spiffy...

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home