Saturday, December 11, 2004

lack and excess

It is Friday and I'm still forced to be in this dreary internet cafe. At least I've managed to find the one that is very very quiet. I still don't have a desk either. I'm going to give in and go to Ikea today (they're open until 10!) and buy probably the exact same desk that I had in San Francisco. I would really prefer to find a reliable thrift store to lurk about in until I find the perfect little writing desk. I imagine the kind of desk you could picture Emily Dickinson sitting at. Oh, Community Thrift on 19th and Valencia, I miss you so! But time is running out, especially since I promised a certain someone I'd have a new version of the article to send out by Monday. So Ikea it shall be.

Tomorrow night, my house is throwing a Christmas party, so last night J decided to try out different cocktail recipes. The cocktails were horrible, but we ended up very drunk very fast. The it was late, and we all thought it would be a grand idea to go to karaoke night at the local tragic gay bar, where we drank more (no, I did not sing). On the way back, J endeared himself to me by going on a drunken rant about how much he dislikes deaf people. I woke up around 1 pm with a very very bad hangover.

So, in summary, there has been an EXCESS of: alcohol, sleeping, hangover. There has been a LACK of: desk, internet connection, work, self-control. Buying a desk this evening will be a good start, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home