Tuesday, September 06, 2005

No Phone, No Computer, No Sense of Self

So, my computer went back in for repairs, although because it had been in so recently the repair is "prioritized." Have I mentioned how much I dislike that particular usage of that word? I'd prefer to keep it meaning only "place a list of things in order of priority." But no one asks me.

Anyway, my phone is also in the shop. It works fine, except thje screen is blank. Luckily, they believed it was under warantee, even though I lost the receipt, since I had the little warante form filled out. This serves as a lesson to fill out those dumb little forms.

With no phone and no computer, it is as if I am dead. Seriously.

Anyway, the rest of Edinburgh was great. The final performance I went to, of the Bamberg Symphony doing Ligeti, Strauss and Mahler, was actually something very special. I'm not sure if most of the crowd realized how extraodinary the programming or the performance was. I'll save the details for my Mundo Clasico review.

We all took a day trip to Durham, to see the famous Cathedral, and the tombs of St Cuthbert and the Venerable Bede. It was great.

I will leave it here for now, since I'm running out of time in this dumb internet cafe, and I want to get to the Royal Albert to hear Ades's new violin concerto...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also dead

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home